5 Principles of Organization:
1. Small 2. Declutter 3. Condense 4. Contain 5. Label
- Small Steps (One thing at a time. Break tasks down into tiny increments. Set a timer for 15 minutes – amazing what can be done when a timer is set. You don’t have to do it all now.)
- Decluttering – 5 bags
- Throw Away (Follow this link for disposal information http://www.jborganizing.com/organizing-tips/where-to-recycledispose-of-various-household-chemicals-and-products/ )
- Give Away (Follow this link for a list of Donation Ideas http://www.jborganizing.com/organizing-tips/donation-ideas-and-locations/ )
- Put Away – Things that do not have a home in the specific area that you are decluttering.
- File Away – Papers that do not have a home in the specific area that you are decluttering
- Hide Away – Things you don’t think you can bear to part with, that you put in a bin and if you don’t look for it in a month you donate it. (For best results have a friend keep the Hide Away bin and give them permission to donate it if you don’t ask for it in a month)
- Condense – Put like items in one spot. (i.e. condense from 5 spots for scotch tape to 1)
- Contain – Contain the like items to a bin or basket. (i.e. limit yourself – one memory bin for each child etc.)
- Label!!! – Specifically and detailed. Never assume you will remember what is in a bin. Label so that others can know where everything is.
We Can Help!