Garage Organizing Tips
by JB Organizing
Remember the 5 Principles of Organizing
- Small Steps — Don’t try to tackle the whole garage at one time. You will get frustrated and give up. Instead, small steps — corner to corner, top to bottom, shelf by shelf, bin by bin. One small step at a time.
- Declutter — Get your declutter bins out (Throw Away, Give Away, Put Away, File Away, Hide Away).
- Condense — Put all like items into one area. (You don’t need 5 places for duct tape 🙂
- Contain — Use bins, carts, baskets to contain each category of items.
- Label — Label clearly and specifically.
Garage Organizing Ideas
- Use all the space — Space near the ceiling
- High shelves can hold a lot.
- Bikes can be hung
- The back of the door
- Space near the floor
- Low shelves with bins for things that need to be easily accessible.
- Make the area near the door functional.
- Place a bench with cubbies underneath for each person.
- Have hooks for coats and bags.
- If you like to garden, store your gardening items on a cart that you can easily bring out with you
- Sporty – make sure the bin of balls is easy to access and easy to put away.